Volunteer Coach Application
Thank you for your interest in coaching for the City of Kettering as a volunteer!
You must be 21 years of age or older to become a volunteer coach. Exceptions to this rule are under limited circumstances and must be approved by the Volunteer Office. Please call the Volunteer Office for this information: 937-296-2433.
The process to become a volunteer coach:
- Complete the following forms: Volunteer Coach Application, Coach’s Rules and Regulations, Volunteer Coach Waiver of Liability. Please double check all fields are complete, and sign and date as necessary.
- Attach all documents onto an email and email the documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Volunteer Office will review your paperwork upon receipt, and call to confirm.
- All youth sports coaches must be fingerprinted with the Kettering Police Records Department. Please fill out and print the background check form located below - You will need to bring this printed form with you to your appointment. Call Kettering Police Records at (937) 296-2580 to schedule an appointment. They are available Tuesday-Friday from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. We cannot accept fingerprint results from other agencies.
- Fingerprint results are sent to the Volunteer Office for review. If cleared to coach, you will receive a phone call, and a time will be organized to take a photo for an identification badge. You may also choose to submit your own clear picture. If a background check has been flagged by the State of Ohio, the Volunteer Office will call you. The State of Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation will mail the flagged record to our office to review. This may take 4-6 weeks. This does not automatically bar you from volunteering, but you cannot volunteer until the Volunteer Office receives and reviews your paperwork. You will be notified once the results arrive.
- The Volunteer Office will then notify the Sports Supervisor that you are approved to coach.
Volunteer Coach Application & Coach's Rules and Regulations (Please save this file on your computer with your last name prior to submitting. This must be signed by hand or with a signature software if done on the computer.)
Volunteer Coach Waiver of Liability (Please save this file on your computer with your last name prior to submitting. This must be signed by hand or with a signature software if done on the computer.)
Volunteer Coach Background Form for fingerprinting (Please print this off, fill it out, and bring it with you to the police station for your fingerprint appointment)
Please email your coaching documents to the Volunteer Administrator's email:
If you do not hear from the Volunteer Office after submission within 1 business day, please call us at 937-296-2433.
For volunteer questions, background check information, paperwork, or general inquiries, please reach out to the Volunteer Office:
Dawn Kirchner, Volunteer Administrator
Nick Sorice, Assistant Volunteer Administrator
For sport questions, scheduling, or coaching information, please reach out to the Recreation Complex Sports Staff:
Reed Gibson, Sports Supervisor