Residential Leaf Collection Program
Leaf collection crews will continue working in District 4, and possibly District 5, Wednesday, October 20, as they progress numerically through all of the districts. Please rake and place your leaves by the curb for pickup. Sticks and limbs may be taken to the Yard Debris Drop-Off Center located at 1840 Woodman Center Dr. The collection route will repeat through October and November. The last collection through the city will be the week of November 29.
Please remember the following tips for leaf pickup:
- Know your leaf collection district. Reference the map below to find your district, click here to use our interactive map or visit www.ketteringoh.org and enter your address in the My Services tab on our home page.
- Don’t wait until our crews are near your district to rake leaves. As leaves begin to fall, rake piles to the edge of your lawn. We will make several passes through each district for collection.
- Call 937-296-3255 (FALL) or check the Kettering website to determine the current location of leaf pickup crews.
- Prior to collection, rake your leaves to the edge of your lawn, but not into the street where they will block traffic and cause a hazard to storm drains.
- Do not block storm drains or waterways.
- Do not bag your leaves.
- Make sure leaves are not under, between or around parked cars.
- Don’t rake anything except leaves to the curb for pick up. Branches, sticks, grass and other yard waste clog the machinery and throw the crews off schedule. Leaf piles containing branches, grass, etc., will not be collected. You may take your tree branches and brush to the City’s Yard Debris Drop-Off Center located on Woodman Center Drive or put them in your Rumpke cart for pick up on your normal trash collection day.
Daily updates will be made announcing in which neighborhood crews will be collecting leaves throughout the fall on this page, Facebook and Twitter.