Residential Leaf Collection Program
Residential Leaf Collection Update: November 25, 2020
Crews are currently working in District 9. Leaves are collected by district in numerical order, so please have your leaves raked and placed, on the grass, by the curb before we get to your area.
Please remember not to mix sticks and limbs in with your leaves. These items can be taken to the Yard Debris Drop-Off Center located at 1840 Woodman Center Dr.
Leaf collection for fall began Monday, October 19!
One of the most unique and highly valued services the City of Kettering offers to our residents is free curbside collection of your leaves each fall. Leaves are picked up by City crews and taken to the City’s leaf composting center where leaves will be converted to mulch and compost, then offered free of charge to residents each spring. The City began collection in District 1 on Monday, October 19, and will continue leaf pick up until November 30.
Please remember the following tips for leaf pickup:
- Know your leaf collection district. Reference the map below to find your district, click here to use our interactive map or visit www.ketteringoh.org and enter your address in the My Services tab on our home page.
- Don’t wait until our crews are near your district to rake leaves. As leaves begin to fall, rake piles to the edge of your lawn. We will make several passes through each district for collection.
- Call 937-296-3255 (FALL) or check the Kettering website to determine the current location of leaf pickup crews.
- Prior to collection, rake your leaves to the edge of your lawn, but not into the street where they will block traffic and cause a hazard to storm drains.
- Do not block storm drains or waterways.
- Do not bag your leaves.
- Make sure leaves are not under, between or around parked cars.
- Don’t rake anything except leaves to the curb for pick up. Branches, sticks, grass and other yard waste clog the machinery and throw the crews off schedule. Leaf piles containing branches, grass, etc., will not be collected. You may take your tree branches and brush to the City’s Yard Debris Drop-Off Center located on Woodman Center Drive or put them in your Rumpke cart for pick up on your normal trash collection day.
Daily updates will be made announcing in which neighborhood crews will be collecting leaves throughout the fall on this page, Facebook and Twitter.