Management of Right-of-Way

The City manages the use of public rights of way based on Chapter 901 of the City’s Codified Ordinances.

Certificate of Registration

Utility companies having a system within the public right of way are required to obtain and keep an up-to-date Certificate of Registration with the City’s Engineering Department. There is a fee associated with this permit.   Certificate of Registration - Fillable


Utility companies have a few extra steps that need to be taken in order to obtain a Right of Way Construction Permit for the City of Kettering.  Since you are applying on behalf of a utility company, you will need to submit a Construction Permit Application (CPA).

  1. Fill out a Utility Construction Permit Application Revised 3-10-22
  2. Apply online at Access Kettering. Attach the completed application, construction plan and, traffic control plan.

Access Kettering Instructions for UTILITY COMPANY

Utility Construction Permit Application Revised 3-10-22

Traffic Control

All Construction activity that takes place in the City of Kettering right of way must follow the Ohio Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (OMUTCD) for temporary traffic control in the roadway. View the OMUTCD

For questions email at

Close window