Woodman Drive Bridge Replacement – South of Stroop Road
December 3, 2018: The contractor is planning to pour the concrete approach slabs this week and paving the week after Thanksgiving. We are looking at a completion date during the first half of December.
October 25, 2018: The contractor is pouring the new concrete bridge deck on October 25th, it will then require several weeks for the concrete to cure. Once the bridge deck is cured, they will complete the bridge railing, approach slab and miscellaneous items. We expect the bridge to be back open to traffic around the end of November.
Woodman Drive Bridge Replacement Status Update:
- September 5, 2018: The detour has been placed on Woodman Drive Bridge. Demolition of the existing bridge will begin the week of September 4th.
- The Montgomery County Engineer’s Office is reconstructing the deteriorating bridge on Woodman Drive over the Little Beaver Creek, between Wilmington Pike and East Stroop Road.
- A Detour will be in place during the duration of the construction.
- Construction is expected to be complete in November, 2018.
- The reconstruction of this bridge will require a complete impassable closure of the section of Woodman Drive between Wilmington Pike and East Stroop Road.
- Woodman Drive will be closed to through traffic in both directions between Wilmington Pike and East Stroop Road.
- Once the bridge is replaced, Woodman Drive will return to two lanes of traffic in each direction.
- City and county officials are asking motorists to be alert for the start of construction and necessary traffic control measures late this summer.
- The established detour will use Wilmington Pike and East Stroop Road. Drivers who frequently use this section of Woodman Drive are being asked to plan alternate routes.
- The Kettering Police Department is aware of this project and will be monitoring the adjacent neighborhood for traffic impact.
The City of Kettering and the Montgomery County Engineer appreciate your patience as this project is completed. If you have any questions or concerns about the project, feel free to contact the Montgomery County Engineer’s Department at 937-225-4904 or the City of Kettering Engineering Department at 937-296-2436.
Please watch our website, monthly Starter e-newsletter and social media accounts for the most up to date information on the project timeline and traffic impacts.
For more information on other road construction projects please visit our Engineering Department Road Construction page.