Watch Wellness Mini Lectures
EMPLOYEE WELLNESS PROGRAM: MINI-LECTURES
- Each video is worth 3 points; Maximum points per year on mini-lectures is 30 Non-Activity Points (10 mini-lectures).
- Note, a maximum of 20 Non-Activity Points may be earned in one day.
- If you have problems accessing the videos, it is recommended you try viewing in Google Chrome.
- To access the video, please click the title of the mini-lecture.
- Enter names of mini-lectures in Wellvibe to obtain non-activity points. Remember, there is a maximum of 10 mini-lectures per Wellness Year.
- There is no viewing deadline and no cash drawing for mini-lectures.
- Note, we will continue offering “live” lectures; however, they are limited to one offering per quarter. Live lectures will be posted online and DVDs will be distributed to the departments. Each live lecture is worth 10 Non-Activity Points and entry in a $50 drawing. You may earn up to 40 Non-Activity Points on live lectures in addition to the maximum 30 Non-Activity Points on mini-lectures.
- Do you have a recommendation? Send Amanda Harold any relevant mini-lecture videos (averaging 3-5 minutes in length) and we’ll present them to the committee. Your recommendation might become part of the approved list!
NEW MINI-LECTURES (Added 11.07.19)
The Health Benefits of Exercise
Two Minute Meditation
Set Goals You Can Achieve
Weight Loss & Exercise
Geoff’s Story – Quitting Tobacco
Portion Control & Weight Loss Goals
Real Appeal Success Story
Professor Penny Discusses the SMarT Plan (Ohio Deferred Compensation)
Professor Penny Discusses the Benefits of Enrolling (Ohio Deferred Compensation)
Save & Invest Smart (ICMA)
Why Your 457 Plan Matters (ICMA)
Retirement Planning (OP&F)
DROP Information (OP&F)
Hometown Health: Get Back to Biking
What is the importance of proper warm up and cool down?
Tips: The Benefits of Exercising with a Partner
Exercise Demo: 5 Stretches to Increase Running Speed
LIFE’S SIMPLE 7 – AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION
Life’s Simple 7: Stop Smoking
Life’s Simple 7: Eat Better
Life’s Simple 7: Get Active
Life’s Simple 7: Lose Weight
Life’s Simple 7: Manage Blood Pressure
Life’s Simple 7: Control Cholesterol
Life’s Simple 7: Reduce Blood Sugar
Nutrition Brief: Quick and Easy Meals – Watch with Chrome
Nutrition Brief: Healthy Breakfast – Watch with Chrome
Nutrition Briefs: Going Organic
Nutrition Briefs: Healthy Snacking
Hometown Health: Taking the Mystery Out of Meal Kits
Why is high fructose corn syrup controversial?
What are the different parts of a nutrition label?
What foods or super foods should people with diabetes focus on during the holidays?
A Patient’s Perspective on Eating Healthier Food