FAQ Topic: Trash & Recycling

How do I pay my Rumpke bill?

All billing for residential trash and recycling is administered directly through Rumpke.  Please call Rumpke directly at 1-800-828-8171 or visit www.rumpke.com. While the City of Kettering team does not have access to customer accounts or billing, we are happy to assist with any service-related concerns that can not be resolved by working directly with Rumpke.  … Continued

How do I dispose of my Christmas Tree?

Rumpke will collect Christmas Trees through January 15 of each year.  Simply place at the curb on your regular collection day. Please make sure to remove all ornaments, lights and tinsel.  Trees longer than nine feet must be cut in half.

Where can I drop off household items, hazardous materials, etc. 
for recycling?

The City of Kettering no longer maintains a recycling center for these items. However, Montgomery County Solid Waste District accepts these materials for recycling. Please visit the MCSWD website for hours of operation, locations, acceptable drop-off items, and fees associated with this program. You may also call MSCWD at 1-937-225-4999.

Is recycling included with my trash pick-up?

Yes, recycling is included with trash pickup.  For more information regarding trash removal or recycling services, please contact Rumpke Waste & Recycling. You may also visit our informational web page regarding trash services within the City of Kettering.

How do I obtain a recycling cart?

Rumpke Waste & Recycling handles trash collection and recycling within the City of Kettering. Your recycling container will be delivered upon initiation of trash service. 
Please contact Rumpke at www.rumpke.com or 1-800-828-8171.

How do I dispose of household hazardous waste?

Household hazardous waste can be disposed of at Montgomery County Solid Waste District’s Moraine Transfer Facility located at 1001 Encrete Lane. Accepted materials may be dropped off Tuesdays and Saturdays from 8:00am – 2:00pm.

How do I schedule a bulk trash pick up?

There is no need to contact Rumpke to schedule bulk pick up.  Rumpke will collect up to three bulk items each week without notification or scheduling. Rumpke will collect bulk items such as appliances, mattresses, box springs, sofas, large furniture items, etc. weekly on your service day. Upholstered items including sofas and mattresses must be wrapped … Continued

How do I sign up for the disabled rate for trash?

Residents must sign an affidavit stating that they are physically unable to take their trash to the curb as well as provide a signed Doctor’s note stating the same. These materials must be received by the Trash Liaison at 3600 Shroyer Rd for the registration to be complete. The affidavit can be obtained by calling … Continued

How do I sign up for the senior citizen trash program?

Residents must meet income and age requirements to register for the Senior Citizen Trash Program. To sign up, residents (or a representative for them) must come to the Kettering Government Center front desk at 3600 Shroyer Rd. with a valid ID showing their age of 65 or better, as well as last year’s Tax Statement … Continued

What is the Rumpke holiday schedule?

Rumpke observes the following holidays and does not pick up on New Year’s Day; Memorial Day; Independence Day; Labor Day; Thanksgiving Day; and Christmas Day. If the holiday falls on a weekday before your regular service day, collection will be delayed one day. If the holiday falls on Saturday or Sunday, collection will NOT be … Continued

Close window