FAQ Topic: Trash, Recycling & Yard Debris

How do I pay my Rumpke bill?

All billing for residential trash and recycling is administered directly through Rumpke.  Please call Rumpke directly at 1-800-828-8171 or visit www.rumpke.com. While the City of Kettering team does not have access to customer accounts or billing, we are happy to assist with any service-related concerns that can not be resolved by working directly with Rumpke.  … Continued

How do I dispose of my Christmas Tree?

Rumpke will collect Christmas Trees through January 15 of each year.  Simply place at the curb on your regular collection day. Please make sure to remove all ornaments, lights and tinsel.  Trees longer than nine feet must be cut in half.

Where can I drop off household items, hazardous materials, etc. 
for recycling?

The City of Kettering no longer maintains a recycling center for these items. However, Montgomery County Solid Waste District accepts these materials for recycling. Please visit the MCSWD website for hours of operation, locations, acceptable drop-off items, and fees associated with this program. You may also call MSCWD at 1-937-225-4999.

Is recycling included with my trash pick-up?

Yes, recycling is included with trash pickup.  For more information regarding trash removal or recycling services, please contact Rumpke Waste & Recycling. You may also visit our informational web page regarding trash services within the City of Kettering.

How do I obtain a recycling cart?

Rumpke Waste & Recycling handles trash collection and recycling within the City of Kettering. Your recycling container will be delivered upon initiation of trash service. 
Please contact Rumpke at www.rumpke.com or 1-800-828-8171.

Can I set out other yard debris with my leaves?

No. Yard debris other than leaves will clog our equipment. Examples of unacceptable yard debris include: grass clippings, mulch, landscape bark, mud, sticks, limbs or stones. For more information on yard debris disposal, please visit our yard debris page.

Where should I place the leaves I collect?

Collected leaves should NOT be placed in the street. We ask residents to place leaves between the curb and sidewalk. If your neighborhood does not have sidewalks, we ask that leaves be placed as close to the edge of the roadway as possible, taking particular care not to impede traffic or block storm drainage. Please … Continued

How do I dispose of household hazardous waste?

Household hazardous waste can be disposed of at Montgomery County Solid Waste District’s Moraine Transfer Facility located at 1001 Encrete Lane. Accepted materials may be dropped off Tuesdays and Saturdays from 8:00am – 2:00pm.

Close window