FAQ Topic: Police

How do I register my home security alarm?

The City of Kettering Alarm Ordinance requires an annual security alarm registration fee for all home and business security systems. You can complete the security alarm registration online or print a form to include with your payment. Checks can be made out to the City of Kettering and may be dropped off or mailed to … Continued

What is the Safe Senior Program?

The Safe Senior Program identifies, locates and/or assists seniors and other at-risk residents in times of emergency. Please contact the Kettering Police Department to enroll a loved one.

How do I get fingerprints or a background check?

Fingerprinting Digital fingerprinting is available by appointment only, Tuesday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. • Digital FBI fingerprinting is $35 cash • Digital BCI fingerprinting is $30 cash • Digital FBI fingerprinting and BCI fingerprinting is $65 cash Please call 937-296-2580 for an appointment.

How do I find out about a car that was towed or impounded?

For more information about a car that was towed or impounded you need to contact the police department that issued the citation. They will advise you on whether the vehicle can be released or if a court date will be required to release it.

How do I file a police report?

To file a police report please contact our Police Department at 1-937-296-2555 or email them at kettering.police@ketteringoh.org.  If your circumstance is an emergency, please dial 911.

Close window