Sign Up to receive Strategic Plan updates here!
Steering Committee Member Application
The City of Kettering is preparing to develop a new Strategic Plan that will guide the city’s future. The Strategic Plan will serve the community, as well its government organization, by providing guidance for city decisions and priorities. To ensure the new Strategic Plan is a meaningful tool for everyone, the City is forming a diverse group of community members to guide the planning process.
The Steering Committee will work closely with City staff, the planning consultant team and other community members to bring insight and perspective to the planning process. Committee members will be expected to actively participate in committee meetings and help spread the word about the planning effort to encourage community participation. Committee members will also advise on the plan’s substance, helping staff and the consultant team to integrate the community’s intuition into the plan.
“While the City has developed many Strategic Plans over the years, this time we are seeking robust community input as part of the process,” stated Mayor Peggy Lehner.
It is anticipated that the Steering Committee will meet seven times over the course of the planning process—March through December, 2023. Committee members should expect to dedicate approximately two to eight hours per month to this endeavor.
Steering Committee members will:
- Represent the residents and other community stakeholders in the planning process in an official capacity.
- Provide guidance, input and feedback throughout the planning process.
- Assist in developing outreach methods to ensure all groups, including traditionally under-represented communities, are reached and able to participate throughout the process.
- Act as ambassadors for the effort.
- Volunteer to assist at public meetings (approximately 2 meetings)
- Facilitate small group discussions or meetings.
- Attend Board/Commission or City Council meetings to represent the committee.
- Disseminate information during the planning process through individual networks.
- Serve as stewards of the plan once it is adopted.
Applications will be accepted through March 12, 2023.
There are several ways to apply.
Apply here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe1RN5qDVicr4jgck6OKcr_e_Di3kMd3ztq0l6PyN9vgKgdGg/viewform?usp=sf_link
Download and print PDF file here. Mail or drop off to Dawn Kirchner, City of Kettering Government Center, 3600 Shroyer Road, Kettering, OH 45429.
Pick up a copy at the Kettering Government Center South Building, 3600 Shroyer Road, Kettering, OH 45429.