Open Until Filled
General: The City of Kettering’s Award Winning Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill Temporary Part-Time Youth Leader positions. Position is responsible for developing, coordinating and organizing recreational activities and other duties as assigned. These Temporary Part-Time Youth Leader positions will be permitted to work 28 hours per week year-round.
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only):
- Oversee the safety and well-being of camp participants from ages 3+ in a variety of settings;
- Process and organize camp-related forms;
- Ensure camp service level expectations, PRCA and City standards;
- Coordinate facilities, transportation, order camp supplies;
- Assist with marketing materials and strategies;
- Assist with interviewing, hiring, supervision, training and evaluation of camp staff;
- Capable of driving a 15-passenger van;
- Assists in developing the annual budget and year-end program evaluation.
Compensation: Pay range $8.30-$9.95 per hour. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Qualifications: Candidates must have an enthusiastic attitude, be creative, possess initiative and be assertive. Candidates must also be well organized and able to plan and promote a wide variety of youth activities. Preference will be given to candidates with two years’ related work experience as well as substantial leadership experience and/or training.
Applications: Positions are open until filled. Apply immediately via email to email@example.com or by fax to 937-296-3242 or by mail to:
City of Kettering
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, Ohio 45429
Equal Opportunity Employer