Open Until Filled
KETTERING YOUTH BASKETBALL OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The Youth Basketball Operations Coordinator assists with daily operation and implementation of youth basketball leagues for the City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department. Primary duties will consist of practice and game site supervision at various offsite school gymnasium locations and the Kettering Recreation Complex. This position will assist with league administrative duties including but not limited to, league/game scheduling, coach background check processing, league patron communication, customer service and daily operations.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (Illustrative Only)
- Responsible for supervision of offsite gym locations, responding to patron questions/concerns, resolving game issues as they occur, and enforcing league rules and department behavioral policies;
- Ensures games and practices run as scheduled and maintains facility cleanliness directives;
- Records attendance of officials, game scores and communicates issues with the Sports Activities Coordinator and Sports Supervisor;
- Assists coordinators and supervisors in the set-up, tear-down and/or clean-up of the facility;
- Enforces all league rules and department policies;
- Responsible for inspection and inventory of all equipment stored and/or used in the gymnasium.
Must be at least 18 years of age and have the ability to perform some physical tasks (i.e., setting up courts, storing equipment, etc.). Must be public/people-oriented and possess skills to keep accurate written records (i.e., attendance, accident). Must be able to verbally communicate to the public in an effective manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must be a high school graduate and have experience in facility supervision or equivalent experience/knowledge in the area of basketball. Basketball coaching or officiating experience is a plus, but not required for the position.
Pay range between $13.00- $17.00 per hour. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Please visit www.ketteringoh.org for additional information and to download an application packet. Positions are open until filled. Apply immediately via email to email@example.com or by fax to 937-296-3242 or by mail to:
City of Kettering
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, Ohio 45429
Equal Opportunity Employer