Open Until Filled
WATER PARK ATTENDANT
(Year-Round and Summer Seasonal positions available.)
(up to 28 hours per week, year-round or up to 40 hours per week, seasonally)
The City of Kettering’s award-winning Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill Water Park Attendant positions for both seasonal (up to 40 hours/week) and year-round part time (up to 28 hours/week) at the Kettering Recreation Complex. Position is responsible for providing a safe, clean and enjoyable atmosphere in the water park while monitoring various attractions and water features. Seasonal Water Park Attendants will be permitted to work 40 hours per week for a six- month period with a mandatory six-month break in employment prior to eligibility for any other City position.
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only):
- Maintains safety of patrons and builds a fun, safe atmosphere;
- Enforces all rules consistently and firmly;
- Performs required maintenance tasks while on duty;
- Has a thorough knowledge of responsibilities according to the Emergency Action Plans;
- Provides First Aid and completes Accident report forms when necessary;
- Provides support to lifeguard staff during accidents and incidents;
- Required to attend all in-services and staff meetings.
Pay range $8.70-$9.25 per hour. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Candidates must be at least 15 years of age; possess health and safety skills, customer-service, and conflict resolution skills; must have an enthusiastic attitude and must enjoy working with people of all ages. Candidate must hold, or be able to obtain, CPR certification.
Please visit www.ketteringoh.org for additional information and to download an application packet. Positions are open until filled. Apply immediately to:
City of Kettering
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, Ohio 45429
Equal Opportunity Employer