Open Until Filled
The City of Kettering’s Award Winning Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill a Contractual Transportation Coordinator position. The Transportation Coordinator position is responsible for the coordinating, scheduling and record keeping of the senior and adult transportation program. This position averages 10 hours per week year round.
DUTIES INCLUDE (Illustrative Only):
- Receives and schedules senior riders’ transportation requests;
- Maintains transportation scheduling database;
- Creates daily schedules (“manifests”) for drivers;
- Maintains usage and service records of vehicles and coordinates vehicle rotation for service;
- Assists Senior Adult and Program Supervisor with transportation scheduling (driver and vehicle) for other City departments;
- Assists Senior Adult and Program Supervisor with driver screening and selection;
- Maintains and updates forms within all vehicles;
- Develops monthly drivers’ schedules;
- Inputs driving records into transportation chargeback database;
- Regular and predictable attendance required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Candidate must have a valid driver’s license, strong interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form, and to work effectively with City personnel; be dependable, organized and possess computer literacy. Experience working in a relevant field working with broad population is highly desired; a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is preferred.
Pay range up to $11.33 per hour, with entry rate contingent upon the applicant’s related skills, knowledge and abilities.
Position is open until filled. Interested candidates with related training and experience should submit an application to:
Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, Ohio 45429
Equal Opportunity Employer