Date added: February 2, 2016
Department: Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Status: Accepting Applications 2/2/2016.
Open Until Filled
General: The City of Kettering’sAward Winning Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill Temporary Part-Time Swimming Instructor positions for the Kettering Recreation Complex. Position is responsible for instructing participants to swim according to the American Red Cross program guidelines. These Temporary Part-Time Swimming Instructor positions will be permitted to work 28 hours per week year-round.
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only):
- Instructs all levels of Red Cross swimming and Special Populations programs;
- Provides a positive atmosphere for learning at all times;
- Promotes good public relations with students and families;
- Provides a safe pool environment for all class participants;
- Provides instruction in a consistent manner;
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times;
- Attends all scheduled aquatic staff meetings and in-services;
- Maintains up-to-date Water Safety Instructor certification;
- Maintains and turns in all required paperwork for Kettering Recreation Complex classes;
- Responsible for being aware of and enforcing all City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts and Cost Center policies and guidelines.
Compensation: Pay range $8.15-$9.95 per hour. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Qualifications: Candidates must hold current Water Safety Instructor Certification; must have an enthusiastic attitude and must enjoy working with people of all ages.
Applications: Please visit www.ketteringoh.org for additional information and to download an application packet. Positions are open until filled. Apply immediately via email to email@example.com or by mail or fax to:
Kettering Recreation Complex
2900 Glengarry Drive Kettering, OH 45420
Phone (937) 296-2587
Fax (937) 296-3297
Equal Opportunity Employer