Open Until Filled
The City of Kettering’s Award Winning Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill temporary part-time Swimming Instructor positions for the Kettering Recreation Complex. Position is responsible for instructing participants to swim according to the American Red Cross program guidelines. These temporary part-time Swimming Instructor positions will be permitted to work 28 hours per week year-round.
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only):
- Instructs all levels of Red Cross swimming and Special Populations programs;
- Provides a positive atmosphere for learning at all times;
- Promotes good public relations with students and families;
- Provides a safe pool environment for all class participants;
- Provides instruction in a consistent manner;
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times;
- Attends all scheduled aquatic staff meetings and in-services;
- Maintains up-to-date Water Safety Instructor certification;
- Maintains and turns in all required paperwork for Kettering Recreation Complex classes;
- Responsible for being aware of and enforcing all City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts and Cost Center policies and guidelines .as well as all City of Kettering policies.
Pay range $8.30-$9.95 per hour. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Candidates must hold current Water Safety Instructor Certification; must have an enthusiastic attitude and must enjoy working with people of all ages.
Please visit www.ketteringoh.org for additional information and to download an application packet. Positions are open until filled. Apply immediately via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail or fax to:
Kettering Recreation Complex
2900 Glengarry Drive
Kettering, OH 45420
Phone (937) 296-3309
Fax (937) 296-3297
Equal Opportunity Employer