Open Until Filled
(SEASONAL SWIM INTRUCTORS)
The City of Kettering’s Award Winning Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill seasonal Swimming Instructor positions for the Kettering Recreation Complex. Position is responsible for instructing participants to swim according to the American Red Cross program guidelines. These seasonal Swimming Instructor positions will be permitted to work 40 hours per week for a six-month period with a six-month break in employment prior to eligibility for any other position.
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only):
- Instructs all levels of Red Cross swimming and Special Populations programs;
- Provides a positive atmosphere for learning at all times;
- Promotes good public relations with students and families;
- Provides a safe pool environment for all class participants;
- Provides instruction in a consistent manner;
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times;
- Attends all scheduled aquatic staff meetings and in-services;
- Maintains up-to-date Water Safety Instructor certification;
- Maintains and turns in all required paperwork for Kettering Recreation Complex classes;
- Responsible for being aware of and enforcing all City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts and Cost Center policies and guidelines as well as all City of Kettering policies.
Pay range $8.30 -$9.95 per hour. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Candidates must hold current Water Safety Instructor Certification; must have an enthusiastic attitude and must enjoy working with people of all ages.
APPLICATION: Positions are open until filled. Apply immediately via email to email@example.com or by fax to 937-296-3242 or by mail to:
City of Kettering
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, Ohio 45429
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER