(Seasonal and Year-Round Positions Available)
The City of Kettering’s Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill Swim Instructor positions for the Kettering Recreation Complex. Position is responsible for instructing participants to swim according to the American Red Cross program guidelines.
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only):
- Instructs all levels of American Red Cross swimming and Special Populations programs;
- Provides a positive atmosphere for learning at all times;
- Promotes good public relations with students and families;
- Provides a safe pool environment for all class participants;
- Provides instruction in a consistent manner;
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times;
- Attends all scheduled aquatic staff meetings and in-services;
- Maintains up-to-date Water Safety Instructor certification;
- Maintains and submits all required paperwork for Kettering Recreation Complex classes;
- Responsible for being aware of and enforcing all City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts policies and guidelines as well as all City of Kettering policies;
- Carries out any assigned responsibilities relating to the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department as directed by the Coordinator, Supervisor or designee.
Candidates must be at least 15 years of age. Swim Instructors must be water enthusiasts who love teaching participants of all ages and abilities to swim according to the American Red Cross program guidelines. Must hold current Water Safety Instructor certification. Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Pay range is $11.40/hr to $13.80/hr. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge and abilities. If hired seasonally, the position works 40 hours per week for no more than 6 consecutive months. If hired in a year-round capacity, the position works up to 28 hours per week, year-round.
Please visit www.ketteringoh.org for additional information and to download an application packet. Recruitment open until filled. Apply immediately via email to email@example.com or by mail or fax to:
City of Kettering
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, Ohio 45429
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org