Sports Activities Coordinator
Recruitment Open Until Filled
The City of Kettering’s Award Winning Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill a Regular Part-Time “Sports Activities Coordinator” position. The Sports Activities Coordinator assists in the planning and development of a comprehensive sports program designed to meet the needs of various ages and interest groups. Plans and implements an extensive sports camp program. Responsible for program and staff supervision. Supervision is exercised over subordinates and contractual employees. General supervision is received from the Sports Supervisor. This position has a variable schedule involving some morning and afternoon hours but mostly evening and weekend hours, averaging 25 hours per week (between 10-28 hours per week depending on the season).
DUTIES INCLUDE (Illustrative Only):
- Prepares all program schedules; and develops, implements and meets goals and objectives;
- Secures and schedules facilities and ensures that they are prepared and set up for playing of programs;
- Orders and secures all needed supplies, including balls, trophies and sports equipment;
- Prepares news articles and performs other public relations work, and develops monthly and program reports;
- Assists in budget development and control of sports activities expenses, and makes recommendations regarding fees;
- Evaluates sports programs and activities and makes necessary recommendations;
- Enforces all City of Kettering policies and procedures, and handles participants’ concerns and complaints;
- Supervises youth sport programs and camps during games and drop-in times, including weekends and evenings;
- Maintains established office hours and handles and develops employees’ schedules;
- Assists Sports Supervisor in interviewing and hiring of program attendants and contractual staff;
- Assists Sports Supervisor with contracting and coordination of the sports camps;
- Assists in training of program attendants;
- Reviews all time cards of program attendants and contractual personnel before submitting to Sports Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Must have a considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of the development, operation, organization and promotion of various sports and a thorough knowledge of the current techniques, practices, materials, equipment, rules, regulations and safety precautions. The ability to train personnel, plan and supervise the work of others, and to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form, and to work effectively with City personnel, the public, press and organized sports groups. Graduation from a recognized college or university and/or two to three years of experience in the supervision of youth/adult sports leagues. Experience must clearly demonstrate a high level of knowledge, skills and abilities. Must have enthusiastic attitude, be creative, possess initiative, be assertive and well organized.
Pay ranges from $15.89 up to $21.09 per hour, with entry rate contingent upon the applicant’s related skills, knowledge and abilities. Benefits include prorated sick leave, vacation leave and holiday pay.
Submit a Resume with Cover Letter to: Director of Human Resources, Kettering Government Center, 3600 Shroyer Road, Kettering, OH 45429. Phone: 937-296-2446, Fax: 937-296-3371. More information is available at: www.ketteringoh.org .
Equal Opportunity Employer
Date added: March 5, 2017
Department: Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts
Required/Accepted: Resume and Cover Letter
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Status: Accepting Resumes 3/14/2017