SPORTS ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR
Post Through Friday, April 2, 2021
The City of Kettering’s Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill a Regular Part-Time “Sports Activities Coordinator” position. The Sports Activities Coordinator assists in the planning, development and execution of a comprehensive sports program including leagues, programs and camps designed to meet the needs of the youth in Kettering. Direction is received from the Sports Supervisor through frequent discussions and reports on the progress of planned programs.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (Illustrative Only):
- Supervises youth sports programs during games and drop-in times (both youth and adult) including weekends and evenings;
- Will be heavily involved in administration of youth sports summer camps;
- Orders and secures all needed supplies such as uniforms, awards and sports equipment;
- Evaluates sports programs and activities and makes necessary recommendations;
- Ensures facilities are scheduled, prepared and set up properly for games, practices and camps;
- Handles grievances and/or disciplinary cases involving parents, participants and employees with good judgment and notifies supervisor when needed;
- Maintains established office hours;
- Develops monthly reports and program reports;
- Assists in budget development and management of sports activities expenses;
- Makes recommendations for fees of facility rentals based on the department’s fees and charges policy;
- Enforces and follows all policies and procedures established by the City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Must have a considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of the development, operation, organization and promotion of various sports and a thorough knowledge of the current techniques, practices, materials, equipment, rules, regulations and safety precautions. The ability to plan and supervise the work of others, and to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form, and to work effectively with City personnel, the public and organized sports groups. Graduation from a recognized college or university and/or two to three years of experience in the supervision of youth/adult sports leagues. Experience must clearly demonstrate a high level of knowledge, skills and abilities. Must have enthusiastic attitude, be creative, possess initiative, and be assertive and well organized.
Pay ranges from $17.12 up to $22.71 per hour, with entry rate contingent upon the applicant’s related skills, knowledge and abilities. Benefits include prorated sick leave, vacation leave and holiday pay.
Submit a Resume with Cover Letter to: Director of Human Resources, Kettering Government Center, 3600 Shroyer Road, Kettering, OH 45429. Phone: 937-296-2446, Fax: 937-296-3371 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about this position, including a position description, please visit: www.ketteringoh.org (Current City Job Postings). This recruitment is open until Friday, April 2, 2021.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com