SEASONAL AQUATICS MANAGER
The City of Kettering’s Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill the position of Seasonal Aquatics Manager. The Seasonal Aquatics Manager works with the Aquatics Supervisor to facilitate the overall operation of the Kettering Recreation Complex indoor pool and spa area and Adventure Reef Water Park.
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only):
- Assists in the seasonal opening and closing of Adventure Reef Water Park;
- Assists Aquatics Supervisor in hiring, interviewing, training and orientation of summer Water Park staff;
- Supervises staff and Water Park operations on a daily basis;
- Responsible for working with the public in an efficient, courteous and professional manner;
- Assists in evaluation of summer staff (including spot checks);
- Responsible for daily mechanical and maintenance functions of all pools, including: checking and maintaining approved chemical levels in all pools and whirlpool;
- Assists Aquatics Supervisor and Aquatic Maintenance Coordinator with daily maintenance tasks as needed;
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times;
- Performs lifeguarding duties when necessary;
- Keeps up to date on all communication and procedure changes including checking mailbox and email;
- Reports any grievances or disciplinary cases involving staff and patrons;
- Carries out any assigned responsibilities relating to the City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department as directed by the Coordinator, Supervisor or designee;
- Responsible for being aware of and enforcing all City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts policies and guidelines as well as all City of Kettering policies.
Must be at least 18 years of age. Must have enthusiastic attitude and enjoy working with people of all ages. Must be able to maintain a professional composure when dealing with difficult situations involving staff, patrons and facility emergencies. Must be personable and willing to work a flexible schedule. Must have Aquatics experience preferably in a water park environment with an emphasis on leadership. Must be currently certified in Lifeguarding, CPR/AED and First Aid with at least two years’ lifeguard experience at a Water Park. Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Pay range $9.35 – $11.45 per hour. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge and abilities. These seasonal positions work up to 40 hours per week for no more than 6 consecutive months.
Please visit www.ketteringoh.org for additional information and to download an application packet. Recruitment open until filled. Apply immediately via email to email@example.com or by mail or fax to:
City of Kettering
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, Ohio 45429
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org