Open Until Filled
The City of Kettering’s Award Winning Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill Temporary Part-Time “Recreation Aide” positions. The Recreation Aide position is responsible for assisting in the overall physical operations of the Kettering Recreation Complex. This position averages 25 hours per week.
DUTIES INCLUDE (Illustrative Only):
- Sets up rooms for programs and rentals;
- Assists with providing attendance records for programs and rentals;
- Assists Front Desk personnel with the registration process;
- Assists Checkpoint clerk by providing coverage during breaks;
- Checks bulletin boards and brochure rack for outdated material; fills rack with updated supplies;
- Surveys facility for debris; cleans if necessary—monitors recycle bins;
- Fills out Recreation Aide Checklist as assigned;
- Ensures a supply of clean towels for Checkpoint;
- Carries out any assigned responsibilities relating to the City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department as directed by the KRC Facility Coordinator, Division Manager of Recreation Facilities or Director;
- Regular and predictable attendance required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Knowledge of the operations and maintenance of the Kettering Recreation Complex and Charles I Lathrem Senior Center facility, including policies and procedures. Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with co-workers and general public. The willingness to promote and motivate the general public’s interest in services offered by the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department. Capable of exercising good judgment and functioning within broad guidelines with minimum direction. Demonstrate initiative and flexibility while performing tasks whether specifically assigned or otherwise. Ability to complete multiple tasks in a short period of time. Present ideas and recommendations in a clear, concise manner.
Pay ranges from $8.30 up to $9.25 per hour, with entry rate contingent upon the applicant’s related skills, knowledge and abilities.
APPLICATION: Positions are open until filled. Apply immediately via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 937-296-3242 or by mail to:
City of Kettering
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, Ohio 45429
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER