Open Until Filled
The City of Kettering’s Award Winning Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill Temporary Part-Time “Recreation Aide” positions. The Recreation Aide position is responsible for assisting in the overall physical operations of the Kettering Recreation Complex (Facilities and Programs). The position can work up to 25 hours per week; number of hours will vary based on season, department needs and candidate skills.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (Illustrative Only)
- Sets up rooms for programs and rentals as needed;
- Assists Nursery staff with drop in coverage;
- Assists Gymnasium staff with drop in and program coverage;
- Assists Supervisors with program/event facilitation;
- Checks bulletin boards and brochure rack for outdated material; fills rack with updated supplies;
- Checks/stocks first aid boxes;
- Surveys facility for debris; cleans if necessary—monitors recycle bins;
- Cleans and maintains storage rooms and areas;
- Fills out Recreation Aide Checklist as assigned;
- Verifies rooms are equipped with correct number of tables and chairs;
- Ensures a supply of clean towels for Checkpoint;
- Carries out any assigned responsibilities relating to the City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department as directed by the KRC Facility Coordinator, Facility Manager or Director;
- Regular and predictable attendance required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of the operations and maintenance of the Kettering Recreation Complex and Charles I Lathrem Senior Center facility, including policies and procedures. Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with co-workers and general public. The willingness to promote and motivate the general public’s interest in services offered by the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department. Capable of exercising good judgment and functioning within broad guidelines with minimum direction. Demonstrate initiative and flexibility while performing tasks whether specifically assigned or otherwise. Ability to complete multiple tasks in a short period of time. Present ideas and recommendations in a clear, concise manner.
Pay ranges from $8.55 up to $9.25 per hour, with entry rate contingent upon the applicant’s related skills, knowledge and abilities.
Position is open until filled. Interested candidates with related training and experience should submit an application to:
City of Kettering
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, Ohio 45429
Equal Opportunity Employer