Join our award-winning Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts team as a part time youth leader. We’re looking for enthusiastic, outgoing individuals to join our team as Youth Leaders. Enjoy a flexible schedule, a supportive team environment and a fun atmosphere. This position is responsible for developing, coordinating and organizing recreational programs and activities in a summer camp setting.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- The Recreation Camp Team helps campers have fun all summer long with swimming, field trips, games, activities, crafts and adventures.
- The Sports Camp Team helps campers learn new sports skills, build on established skills and focus on teamwork as we keep them moving during summer break.
- The Environmental Camp Team helps campers learn about the Earth, science, nature, and explore the great outdoors.
- The Arts Camp Team helps campers display their creativity as they work with a variety of media and create masterpieces all summer long.
- Responsible for being aware of and enforcing all City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts policies and guidelines;
- Carries out any assigned responsibilities relating to the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department as directed by the Coordinator, Supervisor or designee;
Candidates must have an enthusiastic attitude and the ability to work with children three years of age and older. Candidates must be creative, possess initiative and be assertive. Candidates must also be well organized and able to plan and promote a wide variety of youth activities. Candidates must be customer service-oriented and able to verbally communicate to the public. Preference will be given to candidates with two years’ related work experience as well as leadership experience and/or training. Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Pay range is $11.40 per hour to $13.80 per hour. Entry rate contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge and abilities.
Please visit www.ketteringoh.org for additional information and to download an application packet. Recruitment open until filled. Apply immediately via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail or fax to:
City of Kettering
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, OH 45429
Phone: (937) 296-2454
Fax: (937) 296-3371
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER