PROGRAM HEAD LEADER
Join our award-winning Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts team as a seasonal program head leader. Miss your days at summer camp? Our camp program head leader brings creativity, a positive attitude and a knack for high quality children’s programming to give each camper an unforgettable summer. Learn, grow and make connections with our PRCA summer camps team. This position is responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of summer camps and programs.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Coordinates the execution of programs, including, but not limited to, purchasing supplies, organizing transportation and planning activities;
- Communicates professionally with coworkers and participants and their family members;
- Responsible for the enjoyment and safety of program participants for an extended period of time;
- Fulfills key role in emergency action plan;
- Assists with training, directing and scheduling staff;
- Transports participants in a 15-passenger van within the protocol of the Department and the City;
- Assists in development of camp manual and other staff materials.
Must have an enthusiastic attitude, be creative, possess initiative and be assertive. Must be well organized and able to plan and promote a wide variety of youth activities. General administrative skills including written and verbal communications and computer proficiency. Ability to work well within a team in a fast-paced, public program. Supervisory and good organizational skills are necessary. Two years’ related work experience as well as substantial leadership experience and/or training preferred. Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must possess a valid drivers’ license.
Pay range is $11.85 per hour to $14.55 per hour. Entry rate contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge and abilities.
Please visit www.ketteringoh.org for additional information and to download an application packet. Recruitment open until filled. Apply immediately via email to email@example.com or by mail or fax to:
City of Kettering
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, OH 45429
Phone: (937) 296-2454
Fax: (937) 296-3371
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER