Post Through July 1, 2019
POLICE RECORDS SPECIALIST
The City of Kettering, Ohio, is recruiting to fill a full-time Records Specialist position. The Records Specialist is assigned to the City’s Police Department and is responsible for:
- Operating and maintaining a computer, scanner and other office equipment;
- Searching and locating file material by name, date or location;
- Acting as desk clerk and answering inquiries according to departmental policy;
- Answering telephone and giving general information in response to queries;
- Proofreading official reports and making recommendations and corrections as necessary;
- Compiling monthly and yearly records of departmental activities;
- Maintaining petty cash/sales drawer and providing reports to the Finance Department;
- Processing and maintaining fingerprinting systems;
- Processing requests by citizens to comply with Freedom of Information Act;
- Maintaining records retention schedule; scheduling records destruction and working with vendors related to the operation of these projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Completion of a high school education or equivalent required; knowledge of office terminology, procedures, equipment; business arithmetic and English; ability to work with computers and skill in typing, data entry and word processing. Also included is the ability to understand and follow complex oral and written directions; ability to maintain complex clerical records and prepare reports from such records; ability to make decisions in accordance with laws, ordinances, regulations and policies. Abilities also needed in making relatively complex mathematical computations rapidly and accurately, typing from a clear copy or rough draft at an average rate of speed with spelling and grammar accuracy supplemented by related education and/or experience. Clerical aptitude, the ability to handle confidential police reports, accuracy in work, good judgment, tact and courtesy are essential, along with the ability to deal effectively with the general public and city staff.
Salary range is $37,378 to $48,589 per year. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s experience, related skills, knowledge and ability. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, attractive retirement plan, vacation leave, sick leave, holiday pay and other fringe benefits.
Candidates with related training and experience who are interested in this opportunity, should submit an application, resume and cover letter by 5 pm on Monday, July 1, 2019, to: Director of Human Resources, Kettering Government Center, 3600 Shroyer Rd., Kettering, OH 45429 or email@example.com or fax to 937/296-3371. Office hours are 8AM-5PM, M-F. Visit www.ketteringoh.org for more information about this position and the City of Kettering.
Equal Opportunity Employer