The City of Kettering’s Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill Lifeguarding positions. This position will be permitted to work up to 28 hours per week year-round. Lifeguards are responsible for prevention of accidents and incidents in the water and the surrounding area.
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only):
- Maintains an alert attitude and posture at all times;
- Maintains a professional image and remains mentally, physically, and emotionally prepared to do the job at all times;
- Maintains patron safety through preventative lifeguarding and provides emergency first aid when necessary;
- Enforces pool rules consistently and courteously;
- Provides accurate information to patrons;
- Follows Emergency Action Plan, and has the ability to adjust to the situation;
- Reports all accidents, rescues, and incidents and has a thorough knowledge of Emergency Action Plans;
- Attends all staff meetings and in-service trainings;
- Responsible for the protection and care of pool property and equipment;
- Responsible for being aware of and enforcing all City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts policies and guidelines as well as all City of Kettering policies.
The ideal candidate must be 15 years of age and hold current Lifeguard Training certification that includes CPR/AED and First Aid. Candidates must possess water safety, customer-service and conflict resolution skills as well as demonstrate maturity and good decision making.
Pay range $8.70-$9.55 per hour. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge and abilities.
Recruitment open until filled. Apply immediately via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax or by mail to:
City of Kettering
Human Resource Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, Ohio 45429
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com