(Temporary Part-Time – 28 hours per week)
The City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill seasonal part-time Lifeguard positions for the Kettering Recreation Complex Main Pool and Water Park. Position is responsible for prevention of accidents and incidents in the water and the surrounding area. This is accomplished through proper scanning and rule/guideline enforcement.
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only):
- Maintains an alert attitude and posture at all times;
- Maintains a professional image and remains mentally, physically, and emotionally prepared to do the job at all times;
- Maintains patron safety through preventative lifeguarding and provides emergency first aid when necessary;
- Enforces pool rules consistently and courteously;
- Provides accurate information to patrons;
- Follows Emergency Action Plan, and has the ability to adjust to the situation;
- Reports all accidents, rescues, and incidents and has a thorough knowledge of Emergency Action Plans;
- Attends all staff meetings and in-service trainings;
- Responsible for the protection and care of pool property and equipment;
- Responsible for being aware of and enforcing all City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts and Cost Center policies and guidelines as well as all City of Kettering policies..
Pay range $8.30-$9.55 per hour. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Must hold current Lifeguard Training certification that includes CPR/AED and First Aid; must possess water safety, customer-service, and conflict resolution skills; must demonstrate maturity and professionalism; must maintain rescue skills.
Please visit www.ketteringoh.org for additional information and to download an application packet. Positions are open until filled. Apply immediately via email to email@example.com or by mail or fax to:
Kettering Recreation Complex
2900 Glengarry Drive
Kettering, OH 45420
Phone (937) 296-3309
Fax (937) 296-3297
Equal Opportunity Employer