KETTERING SAFETY VILLAGE INSTRUCTOR
Post Through Friday, April 9, 2021
The City of Kettering’s Engineering Department is recruiting to fill a Contractual Kettering Safety Village Instructor. This position is responsible for teaching a life safety curriculum and implementing hands-on learning activities for pre-school/Kindergarten age students. The Safety Village Instructor provides multiple services in collaboration with the Safety Village Lead Teacher by teaching safety lessons to all students, including adaptive learning opportunities for students. This position also performs administrative tasks such as processing program-related forms, supervising teen volunteers and organizing the set-up of classrooms and the miniature village to ensure preparedness for the week. The summer time program is approximately 25 hours per week for approximately 2-4 weeks.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (Illustrative Only):
- Provides external and internal communication including communicating with parent/caregiver, school facility staff, fire and police instructors and other Safety Village staff;
- Provides traffic safety education following aged-based lesson plans and adaptive learning standards through public speaking, hands-on demonstration, computer technology and physical skills;
- Assists with the supervision of all students and teen volunteers;
- Assists with physical supervision, training and safe operation of the hands-on miniature village ;
- Leads and instructs Safety Village programs that are a variety of traffic and life safety themes;
- Attends all designated Safety Village staff meetings or work sessions;
- Assists in arrival and dismissal of students, classroom and village sanitization and lifting or storing of peddle cars.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The ideal candidate will have an enthusiastic attitude, be creative, possess initiative and be assertive. Must be well organized and be able to plan and promote a wide variety of young child activities. General skills include written and verbal communications, public speaking and basic computer proficiency. Candidate must have experience working with children or youth. Volunteer, class work or work experience with intellectual and developmental disabilities in an educational or recreational setting is preferred. Must have the ability to work well within a team in a fast-paced, public program involving young children. Preference will be given to candidates with two years’ related volunteer or work experience in Kettering Safety Village or pre-school programs. Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Pay ranges from $10.25 per hour up to $16.25 per hour, with entry rate contingent upon the applicant’s related skills, knowledge and abilities.
Submit an application to: Director of Human Resources, Kettering Government Center, 3600 Shroyer Road, Kettering, OH 45429. Phone: 937-296-2446, Fax: 937-296-3371 or email email@example.com. For more information about this position, including a position description, please visit: www.ketteringoh.org (Current City Job Postings). This recruitment is open until Friday, April 9, 2021 with rolling interviews beginning April 5, 2021.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org