Internal Recruitment Announcement
(Regular Part-time Position)
Post until 2/7/2020
The City of Kettering’s Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is recruiting internally from amongst current City of Kettering employees only to fill the Regular Part-time position of Facility Coordinator for the Kettering Recreation Complex (KRC). This position is responsible for the overall supervision of the Kettering Recreation Complex (KRC) and the Charles I. Lathrem Senior Center (CIL) while on duty.
DUTIES INCLUDE (Illustrative Only):
- Responsible for security of the day’s money (start up and closing out);
- Responsible for supervision of the KRC program and part-time staff while on duty;
- Maintains accurate records and reports (incident, accident, emergency);
- Responsible for opening, set-ups, tear-downs, closing and securing the KRC/CIL;
- Follows through and enforces all policies and procedures established by the City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department;
- Handles, with good judgment, all grievances and/or disciplinary cases involving KRC and CIL patrons;
- Responsible for activating and carrying out the KRC/CIL Emergency Action Plan according to training;
- Supports the facilitation of new programs and special events;
- Assists in the implementation of strategic plans pertinent to the KRC/CIL;
- Assists in the development of the KRC/CIL’s budget and the cost effectiveness of the operation;
- Assists in supervising, training and evaluating the work of KRC/CIL part-time staff members;
- Responsible for assisting all Information and Check-in desks as necessary;
- Booking and overseeing rental groups at the KRC and CIL.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Considerable knowledge of the operation of the KRC/CIL facility. Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and practices used in the operation and maintenance of the KRC/CIL facility. Ability to maintain records and to prepare and present reports. Ability to direct and supervise subordinates and to maintain a positive working relationship with them for the efficient operation of the KRC/CIL facility. Ability to promote and motivate the general public’s interest in the services offered by the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department. Considerable knowledge of the KRC/CIL in relationship with the administrative function of the department. Ability to exercise good judgment and function within broad guidelines with minimum direction. Ability to present ideas and recommendations in a clear and concise manner both orally and in writing.
Pay range $17.12 to $22.71 per hour. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge and abilities. Benefits include prorated sick leave, vacation leave and holiday pay.
Current City of Kettering employees only with related training and experience who are interested in this opportunity, should submit a resume and cover letter to: Director of Human Resources, Kettering Government Center, 3600 Shroyer Rd., Kettering, OH 45429 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.ketteringoh.org for more information about this position, the City of Kettering and the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department.
Equal Opportunity Employer