The City of Kettering’s Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill the position of Iceguard for the Kettering Ice Arena. This position is permitted to work up to 28 hours per week year-round. This position monitors the Arena area to prevent accidents and provides assistance and customer service to all participants and patrons of the Kettering Ice Arena.
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only)
- Responsible for enforcing all rules and regulations with proper diplomacy;
- Responsible for the safety of all patrons;
- Responsible for the protection and care of Arena property and equipment;
- Performs all cleaning duties as requested by the Assistant Arena Coordinator and Ice Arena Manager;
- Attends and participates in all in-service training sessions;
- Reports all accidents and incidents and has a thorough knowledge of policies and procedures;
- Maintains control of flow on the ice surface in case of an injury;
- Brings all discipline problems to the attention of the Coordinator on Duty;
- Learns to sharpen skates and does so as directed by the Skate Instruction Coordinator, Assistant Arena Coordinator or Ice Arena Manager;
- Maintains proper order of all skates;
- Patches any holes in the ice;
- Carries out all assigned responsibilities as directed by the Assistant Arena Coordinator, Ice Arena Manager, Recreation Superintendent or Director.
Must possess a proven proficiency in skating. Must be dependable, conscientious, alert, even-tempered and able to work well with staff and the public. Must be able to verbally communicate to the public and handle facility and patron emergencies and altercations in an effective way. Must be personable and willing to work a flexible schedule. CPR for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid certification preferred. CPR training and certification provided. Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Pay range is $8.70 to $9.25 per hour. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge and abilities.
Recruitment open until filled. Apply immediately via email to email@example.com, by fax or by mail to:
City of Kettering
Human Resource Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, Ohio 45429
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org