Open Until Filled
The City of Kettering’s Award Winning Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill Temporary Part-Time “Ice Guard” positions. The Ice Guard position is responsible for watching the Arena area to prevent accidents and providing assistance and customer service to all participants of the Kettering Ice Arena. This position averages 25 hours per week.
DUTIES INCLUDE (Illustrative Only):
- Enforcing all rules and regulations with proper diplomacy;
- Responsible for safety of all patrons on and off the ice;
- Responsible for the protection and care of Arena property and equipment;
- Performs all cleaning duties as requested;
- Attends and participates in all in-service training sessions;
- Reports all accidents and incidents and documents them properly;
- Has a thorough knowledge of policies and procedures;
- Maintains control of flow on the ice surface in case of an injury;
- Brings all discipline problems to the attention of the Management staff member on duty;
- Learns to sharpen skates
- Maintains proper order of all skates;
- Patches any holes in the ice;
- Carries out any assigned responsibilities relating to the City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department;
- Regular and predictable attendance required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Knowledge of the operations and maintenance of the Kettering Recreation Complex and Charles I Lathrem Senior Center facility, including policies and procedures. Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with co-workers and general public. The willingness to promote and motivate the general public’s interest in services offered by the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department. Capable of exercising good judgment and functioning within broad guidelines with minimum direction. Demonstrate initiative and flexibility while performing tasks whether specifically assigned or otherwise. Ability to complete multiple tasks in a short period of time. Present ideas and recommendations in a clear, concise manner.
Pay ranges from $8.15 up to $9.25 per hour, with entry rate contingent upon the applicant’s related skills, knowledge and abilities.
Position is open until filled. Interested candidates with related training and experience should submit an application to:
Division Manager of Recreation Facilities
Kettering Recreation Complex
2900 Glengarry Drive
Kettering, Ohio 45420
Equal Opportunity Employer