Date added: September 3, 2014
Department: Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Status: Accepting Applications 12/27/2016.
The City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill a temporary part-time Gym Attendant position for the Kettering Recreation Complex. The current position is for 15-20 hours per week (days, evenings and/or weekends). Position is responsible for overseeing all activities that take place in the gymnasium and walking track area while on duty. The Gym Attendant position is responsible for the security of the facility at all times while on duty including the safety of all participants. Direct supervision is received by the Division Manager of Recreation Facilities and the Full Time Hourly Coordinator assigned to manage the Gymnasium through frequent visits to the gymnasium, daily reports (i.e. equipment, accident, etc.) and/or daily written and oral communication.
Examples of Duties: (Illustrative Only)
- Checks facility to see that safe conditions are maintained both before, during and after use; this includes the walking track and surrounding area (i.e., exercise equipment located in the area);
- Meets and/or greets the public whenever possible, applies Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Service Standards and issues equipment rentals/loaners to patrons when proper (i.e., basketball, volleyball, etc.);
- Directly responsible to see that the facility is set up and ready to go on time for whatever activity is scheduled at that time (i.e., volleyball, basketball, drop-in, leagues);
- Assists Sports Activities Coordinator, Facility Coordinators and Assistant Coordinators in the set-up, tear-down and/or clean-up of the facility;
- Responsible for being aware of all Risk Management information and processes;
- Enforces all City of Kettering policies and procedures as well as any additional rules designed for the gymnasium/track areas;
- Keeps daily attendance records;
- Responsible for inventory of all equipment stored and/or used in the gymnasium (i.e., volleyball, nets, etc.).
Pay range is $8.15 to $9.25 per hour. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Must be at least 16 years of age and have the ability to perform some physical tasks (i.e., setting up courts, storing equipment, etc.). Must be public/people-oriented and possess skills to keep accurate written records (i.e., attendance, accident). Must be able to verbally communicate to the public and handle facility and patron emergencies and altercations in an effective manner. Must be a high school graduate.
Position is open until filled. Interested candidates with related training and experience should submit an application to:
Kettering Recreation Complex
2900 Glengarry Drive
Kettering, Ohio 45420
Equal Opportunity Employer