The City of Kettering’s Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill the position of Fitness Specialist. Fitness Specialists use specialized experience and training to ensure quality in all areas of the fitness center.
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only):
- Enforces the use of the facility with rules and policy;
- Provides exceptional customer service giving the customer an overall great experience;
- Solves any customer experience related issues and communicates resolutions to supervisors;
- Oversees the fitness center and uses educational background and other relevant training to accurately and safely answer member questions related to health, fitness and wellbeing;
- Performs a walk-through of the fitness center for cleanliness, safety, customer engagement and rule/policy implementation;
- Communicates facility, equipment, and safety issues to supervisors;
- Keeps desk space organized and cleans the fitness center area and equipment as assigned;
- Delivers first-aid and incident documentation as necessary;
- Creates program specific workout routines for individual patrons;
- Conducts orientations to members of the facility, showing them how to properly and safely use the fitness equipment;
- Keeps the fitness center picked up and assures all weights and equipment are placed in the correct locations;
- Cleans fitness equipment to keep it in clean working order.
Must be CPR and First Aid Certified. Must have strong interpersonal skills, and be customer service oriented. Must project a positive and professional image to the public. Must possess the ability to work well in a team, take direction and accomplish additional responsibilities as assigned. Must be at least 18 years of age with a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Pay range $8.80-$10.55 per hour. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge and abilities.
Please visit www.ketteringoh.org for additional information and to download an application packet. Recruitment open until filled. Apply immediately via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail or fax to:
City of Kettering
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, Ohio 45429
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com