Hourly Contractual/Special Employee
Open Until Filled
The City of Kettering, Ohio is recruiting to fill the contractual position of Field Scheduler. This is a professional position with work schedule varying by season at the Parks Maintenance Center. Work involves the planning and the development of a comprehensive sports program designed to meet the needs of various age and interest groups. General supervision is received from the Park Managers through frequent discussions and reports on the progress of planned programs.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (Illustrative Only):
- Secures and coordinates scheduling of the City of Kettering ball fields, soccer fields, pickle ball courts, tennis courts and sand volleyball;
- Schedules and conducts all league organizational meetings – normally once a year in the Winter;
- Researches and recommends league rules and regulations;
- Maintains a master outdoor facilities schedule and coordinates this schedule with other sports leagues, including youth leagues;
- Secures and schedules needed school facilities;
- Gathers team rosters from youth sports leagues each season;
- Ensures all fields and facilities are prepared and set up properly for playing of games and coordinates with the Parks Athletic Field crew leader;
- Assists in budget development and makes recommendations for league fees and facility rentals based on the department’s fees and charges policy;
- Enforces all City of Kettering, Board of Education and league policies and procedures;
- Maintains established office hours;
- Assists with answering the phone and customer service at the Parks office as necessary;
- Performs related work as required.
Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of the promotion, organization and operation of various adult & youth sports leagues; thorough knowledge of the current techniques, practices, materials, equipment, rules and regulations and safety precautions. Work requires night and weekend shifts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate with three to five years of experience in the supervision of adult & youth sports leagues. Some college or college degree in sports management. Experience must clearly demonstrate a high level of knowledge, skills and abilities.
The pay for a Field Scheduler position is hourly contractual/special employee. Entry rate is contingent upon the candidate’s related skills, knowledge, abilities and prior experience. This position works up to 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
You may obtain the required Application at the Parks Maintenance Center, 3170 Valleywood Drive, Kettering, OH 45429, or download the Application from the HR website at: www.ketteringoh.org. Applicants may apply in person or by mail to the address below. Resumes are not required; however, may be submitted along with the required Application.
City of Kettering
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, Ohio 45429
Equal Opportunity Employer