The City of Kettering’s Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill a seasonal Concession Specialist position for the Kettering Recreation Complex. This position is responsible for assisting the Concessions Coordinator in the operation of summer concessions. The current position is for 15-20 hours per week (days, evenings and/or weekends).
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only):
Responsible for the opening, closing and securing of Water Park concession site;
- Responsible for the security of all money and the deposit of money in safe during assigned shift;
- Responsible for preparing concession items;
- Responsible for daily cleaning of area and equipment;
- Responsible for safe food handling;
- Responsible for stocking concession area;
- Responsible for assisting with interviewing, training, evaluating, and scheduling employees;
- Responsible for a maintained inventory of equipment and supplies;
- Responsible for timely completion of accurate reports and forms;
- Assists in the development of the menu, pricing and cost effectiveness of the operation;
- Attends staff meetings as requested by the Supervisor;
- Handles with good judgment grievances and/or disciplinary cases involving assigned employees or patrons and discusses such cases with Concessions Coordinator or Supervisor.
Knowledge and experience in the food preparation business, including methods, materials and equipment used. Ability to maintain records and prepare reports. Must demonstrate skill in proper money handling. Ability to direct and supervise subordinates. Ability to promote and motivate the public’s interest in the services. Ability to exercise good judgment and function within broad guidelines with minimal direction. Ability to present ideas and recommendations in a clear, concise manner, both orally and written. Must hold current community First Aid Health & Safety Certification.
Pay range up to $9.25 per hour. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Please visit www.ketteringoh.org for additional information and to download an application packet. Recruitment open until filled. Apply immediately via email to email@example.com or by mail or fax to:
City of Kettering
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, Ohio 45429
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org