Open Until Filled
The City of Kettering’s Award Winning Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill a Temporary Part-Time Clerk position for the Administrative office of the Department. This is a front-of-office clerical support position responsible for assisting callers and visitors with inquiries, concerns, requests and program information. This position will provide a consistent level of customer service and office support when the Full-Time Secretary is not in the office. This position greets patrons and answers questions regarding programs and the department; answers phones and directs calls; prepares official documents related to the operation of the departments; makes decisions on routine administrative matters; operates a computer, copier or other office equipment in the performance of the absence of the Secretary; assists with the review of department communication pieces; assists with financial reporting or data input.
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only):
- Greets patrons and answers questions regarding the department;
- Promotes and initiates frequent communication with other Kettering recreation facilities;
- Answers phones, directs calls and answers questions;
- Prepares official documents related to the operation of the department;
- Operates a computer, copier or other office equipment in the performance of work;
- Responsible for opening or closing the office in the absence of the Secretary;
- Assists with review of department communication pieces including proof-reading;
- Assists with financial reporting or data input;
- Responsible for special projects around department information organization;
- Presents an enthusiastic and pleasant attitude while on duty;
- Assists with creating or editing correspondence and other assigned documents.
Pay range $8.55-$9.25 per hour. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Candidates must have knowledge and expertise with computers and good organizational skills. A thorough understanding of the programs and activities offered is necessary. Ability to work well with others and project a positive image to the public. Must have good knowledge of office clerical practices, procedures and filing systems, and good word processing and data entry skills. Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and other related software programs is desirable. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with staff, City officials and the general public. Applicants should have at least a high school graduate-level of ability in English, grammar and business math. Accuracy in all work is important.
Candidates who are interested in this opportunity, should submit a Resume and Cover Letter, to: Director of Human Resources, Kettering Government Center, 3600 Shroyer Rd., Kettering, OH 45429 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 937-296-3371. Office hours are 8AM-5PM, M-F. Visit www.ketteringoh.org for more information about this position, the City of Kettering and the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com