The City of Kettering’s Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill the position of Seasonal Camp Leader. This position is responsible for organizing recreational activities. This position also performs administrative tasks such as processing and organizing camp-related forms and supply ordering for camps to ensure preparedness for the week. Additional responsibilities include developing weekly letters and reports.
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only):
- Provides external and internal communication including communicating with front desk staff, facility staff and other camp staff;
- Ensure PRCA service standard level expectations;
- Assist with the supervision of all camp staff based on division;
- Assist with supervision, training and evaluation of camp staff;
- Leads and instructs summer camp programs that are a variety of themes;
- Attends all designated staff meetings;
- Assists in year-end program evaluations.
Must have an enthusiastic attitude, be creative, possess initiative and be assertive. Must be well organized and able to plan and promote a wide variety of youth activities. General administrative skills including written and verbal communications and computer proficiency. Ability to work well within a team in a fast-paced, public program. Supervisory and good organizational skills are necessary. Preference will be given to candidates with two years’ related work experience as well as substantial leadership experience and/or training. Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Pay range $8.80 – $10.55 per hour. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge and abilities. These seasonal positions work up to 40 hours per week for no more than 6 consecutive months.
Please visit www.ketteringoh.org for additional information and to download an application packet. Recruitment open until filled. Apply immediately via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail or fax to:
City of Kettering
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, Ohio 45429
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com