CAMP DISCOVERY LEADER
Join our award-winning Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts team as a seasonal camp discovery leader. Our Camp Discovery Leaders brings their energy, enthusiasm and the desire to ensure a positive summer camp experience for children of all ability levels. Make a direct impact on the community as part of our summer camps team. This position is responsible for organizing recreational activities and other duties as assigned through Kettering’s Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department. This position is responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of the Camp Discovery summer camp for individuals between the ages of 7 and 21 with various disabilities. This position is responsible for the safety and enjoyment of program participants for an extended period of time.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Coordinates the execution of a summer day camp program for youth and young adults with disabilities ages 7 through 21 years of age;
- Communicates professionally with coworkers and participants and their family members;
- Responsible for the enjoyment and safety of program participants for an extended period of time;
- Assists with the development and execution of individual camp plans for each Camp Discovery participant;
- Fulfills key role in emergency action plan.
Applicant must have a background working with youth and young adults with disabilities in an educational or recreational setting. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with city staff members, volunteers and the general public. A bachelor’s degree in special education/learning disabilities is preferred. Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Pay range is $11.85 per hour to $14.55 per hour. Entry rate contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge and abilities.
Please visit www.ketteringoh.org for additional information and to download an application packet. Recruitment open until filled. Apply immediately via email to email@example.com or by mail or fax to:
City of Kettering
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, OH 45429
Phone: (937) 296-2454
Fax: (937) 296-3371
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER