Date added: June 17, 2013
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
BUS DRIVER – Charles I. Lathrem Senior Center
The City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department are recruiting to fill a seasonal part-time Bus Driver position for the Kettering Charles I. Lathrem Senior Center (CIL). Position is responsible for safely transporting passengers to and from their homes. Position is for 8-16 hours per week (Monday through Friday).
Examples of Duties: (Illustrative Only)
- Treats all passengers courteously and with respect;
- Offers assistance to passengers from their homes, to the vehicle and to the assigned destinations, as well as back home again. The driver is not expected to lift passengers, but only to offer assistance so that the passengers will not fall or in any way hurt themselves. The driver is to wait until the passengers are into their house or destination before returning to the vehicle.
- Assists passengers with groceries and other packages;
- Operates the vehicle in a safe and efficient manner;
- Arranges efficient routes and schedules on a daily basis;
- Completes assigned paperwork;
- Checks the oil level of the vehicle as well as the vehicle itself for any damage before beginning assigned route. Any vehicle problems or accidents are to be referred to the Senior Center Supervisor immediately.
- Reports any passengers who do not answer their doors immediately to the office staff;
- Maintains the cleanliness of the vehicle;
- Answers the transportation telephone when in the office;
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings;
- Informs Supervisor of any ideas that could better the transportation service;
- Carries out any other assigned tasks relating to the City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department as directed by the Senior Center Supervisor, Superintendent or Director.
Pay range $8.30 – $9.95 per hour. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Candidates must possess a valid commercial drivers’ license with a Passenger Transportation Endorsement, first aid certification and recent training in CPR. Candidates must have the ability to be sensitive to and work effectively with senior adults and knowledge of the safe operation and maintenance of a passenger vehicle including methods, materials and practices used in such operation and maintenance of the vehicle. Candidates must be personable and willing to work a flexible schedule.
Interested candidates with related training and experience should submit an application to:
Jim Engelhardt – Division Manager of Recreation
2900 Glengarry Drive
Kettering, Ohio 45420
Equal Opportunity Employer