Open Until Filled
The City of Kettering’s Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill a Part-Time “Babysitter” position. The Babysitter position is responsible for overseeing all activities that take place in the nursery, including the safety of all participants; providing extensive child and infant care to all participants and engaging children in activities such as reading, arts and crafts, games, and puzzles.
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only):
- Must be prompt / ready to work and adhere to Nursery dress code;
- Updates and verifies daily sign-in paperwork;
- Fills out Daily Attendance form;
- Assures guardian of the young child that he/she will be provided for and, if a problem rises, it will be taken care of in a responsible manner (parents are found and notified if a child is in distress for 10 minutes);
- Provides a safe environment and is courteous to patrons at all times;
- Disinfects all large equipment daily prior to opening;
- Collects the daily funds and distributes these funds to the front desk to enter data into the RecTrac system;
- Views the children assigned within the position’s care as the primary priority;
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance required;
- Does not discuss personal or work issues with customers.
Must be able to work well with children and have the ability to provide a safe environment. CPR for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid certification preferred. Must be personable and willing to work a flexible schedule; be public/people-oriented and possess skills to keep accurate written records (i.e., attendance, accident). Must be able to verbally communicate to the public and handle facility and patron emergencies and altercations in an effective manner.
Pay range is $10.95/hour to $13.05/hour. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge and abilities.
Please visit www.ketteringoh.org for additional information and to download an application packet. Recruitment open until filled. Apply immediately via email to email@example.com or by mail or fax to:
City of Kettering
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, Ohio 45429
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org