Open Until Filled
The City of Kettering’s Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill a Part-Time “Babysitter” position. The Babysitter position is responsible for overseeing all activities that take place in the nursery, including the safety of all participants; providing extensive child and infant care to all participants and engaging children in activities such as reading, arts and crafts, games, and puzzles.
DUTIES INCLUDE (Illustrative Only):
- Update and verify daily sign-in paperwork;
- Fill out Daily Attendance form;
- Assure guardian of the young child that he/she will be provided for and, if a problem arises, it will be taken care of in a responsible manner (parents are found and notified if a child is in distress for 10 minutes);
- Comfort unhappy children;
- Provide a safe environment and is courteous to patrons at all times;
- Use the method “The Time Out Chair” if disciplinary action is needed; report all disciplinary action to parent or guardian when they pick up child;
- Disinfect all large equipment daily prior to opening;
- Return all equipment to its proper place;
- Notify the parent or guardian if the child should sustain any injuries or accidents occur; fill out an accident or incident report which is then given to the Facility Coordinator in charge of the Nursery;
- Collect the daily funds and distributes these funds to the front desk to enter data into the RecTrac system;
- View the children assigned within the position’s care as the primary priority.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Must be able to work well with children and have the ability to provide a safe environment. CPR for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid certification preferred. CPR training and certification provided. Must be able to verbally communicate to the public and handle facility and patron emergencies and altercations in an effective way. Must be prompt/ready to work and adhere to the Nursery dress code. Must be personable and willing to work a flexible schedule.
Pay ranges from $8.70 up to $9.25 per hour, with entry rate contingent upon the applicant’s related skills, knowledge and abilities.
Position open until filled. Apply immediately via email to email@example.com, by fax to 937-296-3242 or by mail to:
City of Kettering
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, Ohio 45429
Equal Opportunity Employer