Date added: April 23, 2015
Department: Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts
Required/Accepted: Resume and Cover Letter
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Status: Accepting Resumes and Cover Letters 12/29/2016.
Open until Filled
The City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department are recruiting to fill a temporary part-time Babysitter position for the Kettering Recreation Complex. Position is responsible for overseeing all activities that take place in the Nursery. The Babysitter position is responsible for the security of the facility at all times while on duty including the safety of all participants. Gives extensive child and infant care. Entertains preschoolers by reading stories and playing games. Direct supervision is received by the Facility Administrator, Facility Coordinators and through frequent visits to the nursery, daily reports (i.e. equipment, accident, etc.) and/or daily written and oral communication.
Examples of Duties: (Illustrative Only)
- Must be prompt / ready to work and adhere to Nursery dress code;
- Updates and verifies daily sign-in paperwork;
- Fills out Daily Attendance form;
- Assures guardian of the young child that he/she will be provided for and, if a problem rises, it will be taken care of in a responsible manner (parents are found and notified if a child is in distress for 10 minutes);
- Comforts unhappy children;
- Provides a safe environment and is courteous to patrons at all times;
- Uses the method “The Time Out Chair” if disciplinary action is needed; reports all disciplinary action to parent or guardian when they pick up child;
- Disinfects all large equipment daily prior to opening;
- Returns all equipment to its proper place;
- Notifies the parent or guardian of the child should any injuries or accidents occur; fills out an accident or incident report, which is then given to the Facility Administrator;
- Collects the daily funds and distributes these funds to the front desk to enter data into the RecTrac system;
- Views the children assigned within the position’s care as the primary priority;
- Does not discuss personal or work issues with customers.
Pay range $8.15- $9.25 per hour. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Must be able to work well with children and have the ability to provide a safe environment. CPR for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid certification preferred. Position must be personable and willing to work a flexible schedule; be public/people-oriented and possess skills to keep accurate written records (i.e., attendance, accident). Must be able to verbally communicate to the public and handle facility and patron emergencies and altercations in an effective manner. Must be a high school graduate.
Position is open until filled. Interested candidates with related training and experience should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Division Manager of Recreation Facilities
Kettering Recreation Complex
2900 Glengarry Drive
Kettering, Ohio 45420
Equal Opportunity Employer