Date added: May 23, 2014
Department: Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts.
Required/Accepted: Resume and cover letter.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Status: Accepting resume submissions 5/23/14.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department are recruiting to fill contractual Art Instructor positions for the Kettering Rosewood Arts Centre. This position is responsible for teaching adult and/or youth art courses within the Cultural Arts division.
Examples of Duties: (Illustrative Only)
- Plans and prepares to instruct adult and/or youth art courses;
- Instructs adult and/or youth art courses;
- Communicates equipment requests to the Facility Coordinator;
- Maintains accurate attendance and art supply records;
- Promptly submits relevant paperwork as necessary;
- Avidly promotes art classes through word of mouth, social media and email;
- Reports to the Adult and Youth Arts Program Coordinators and the Cultural Arts Manager.
Pay range is negotiable. Pay may be based upon a per student rate or a flat fee payment depending upon the type of class, workshop or program.
Candidates with a B.A., B.F.A. or an M.F.A. in a related field or comparable experience preferred. Must have experience in the art-related field of the class, workshop or program. (E.g. painting, drawing, sculpture, jewelry, photography, ceramics, glass, printing, mixed media, theatre, fiber arts, digital editing, creative writing, languages and other art fields). Candidates must have effective communication skills (both oral and written). Previous experience teaching is preferred.
Candidates with related training and experience who are interested in this opportunity should submit a resume, cover letter and examples of artwork (portfolio or website link) to email@example.com or to:Attn: Arts Education Program Coordinators Rosewood Arts Centre 2655 Olson Drive Kettering, Ohio 45420 (937) 296-0294 Fax (937) 296-3289 Rosewood@ketteringoh.org
Equal Opportunity Employer