Open Until Filled
The City of Kettering Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill Art Instructor positions as needed for the Kettering Rosewood Arts Centre. These positions are responsible for teaching adult and/or youth art programs within the Cultural Arts division. These positions are hired on a contractual per-class basis.
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only):
- Instructs adult and/or youth art courses, workshops and/or special events;
- Prepares lesson plans for adult and/or youth art courses;
- Communicates classroom equipment requests to the Facility Coordinator;
- Maintains accurate attendance and art supply records;
- Promptly submits relevant paperwork as necessary;
- Avidly promotes art classes through word of mouth, social media and email;
- Reports to the Cultural Arts Program Coordinator and the Cultural Arts Program Supervisor.
Pay range is negotiable dependent upon the difficulty/complexity of class subject matter, strength of portfolio, experience and/or qualifications. Pay is based upon an hourly rate, per-student rate or a flat fee payment as appropriate to the type of class, workshop or program.
Candidates with a B.A., B.F.A. or an M.F.A. in a related field or comparable experience preferred. Must have experience and a strong portfolio in the art-related field of the proposed class, workshop or program. (E.g. painting, drawing, sculpture, jewelry, photography, ceramics, glass, printing, mixed media, theatre, dance, fiber arts, digital editing, creative writing, languages and other art fields). Candidates must have effective communication skills (both oral and written). Candidates must utilize electronic communication. Previous experience teaching is preferred.
Positions are open until filled. To Apply, please submit your application along with a 6-10 image portfolio. Application and Portfolios may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 937-296-3242 or by mail to:
City of Kettering
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, Ohio 45429
Equal Opportunity Employer