Open Until Filled
ADULT SOFTBALL SITE SUPERVISOR
The City of Kettering’s Award Winning Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill a contractual Adult Softball Site Supervisor position. This position is responsible for the site operations of the City of Kettering Adult Softball Leagues. The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or the equivalent or be working towards one and possess strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills. Experience in recreational sports, adult leagues, and adult softball rules and regulations are preferred.
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only):
- Ensures teams and umpires are on the correct field and games start on time;
- Assists with facility issues, rules, game questions, and general questions;
- Collects and tracks rosters and records game scores;
- Administers basic first aid and documents incidents (behavior/medical/injury);
- Settles/mediates disputes between teams, players and/or spectators;
- Provides onsite communication, including but not limited to schedule changes, league/division standings and tournament brackets;
- Provides onsite weather and playing conditions assessment and communicates to designated personnel.
$9.00 – $10.00 per hour; Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekend. Candidate should possess strong customer service skills and problem solving ability, as well as strong oral and written communication skills.
Candidates who are interested in this opportunity should submit a resume and cover letter to: Jake Hensel, Sports Supervisor, Kettering Recreation Complex, 2900 Glengarry Drive, Kettering, OH 45420.Applicants may apply in person, by U.S. Mail, Fax to 937-296-3297 or by email to Jacob.Hensel@ketteringoh.org. Visit www.ketteringoh.org for more information about this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer