ADAPTIVE RECREATION CAMP LEADER
The City of Kettering’s Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is recruiting to fill a contractual Adaptive Recreation Camp Leader position. The Adaptive Recreation Camp Leader is responsible for developing and implementing a seven-week summer day camp program for people with various degrees of intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only):
- Plans, supervises and directs a summer day camp program for youth and young adults, ages 7 through 21 years of age, with intellectual and developmental disabilities;
- Researches and develops new adaptive recreation programs of interest to persons of various degrees of intellectual and developmental disabilities;
- Conducts needs assessment interviews and develops individual camp plans for each Camp Discovery participant;
- Assists the Program and Youth Development Supervisor in supervising and evaluating adaptive recreation counselors;
- Assists the Program and Youth Development Supervisor in developing weekly and end of season reports;
- Acts as liaison between the City of Kettering and various service organizations whose purpose and goal is to enrich life for those with intellectual and developmental disabilities;
Applicant must have a background working with youth and young adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in an educational or recreational setting. A bachelor’s degree in special education/learning disabilities is preferred. Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Pay range is up to $16.50 per hour; Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge, and abilities. The Adaptive Recreation Camp Leader will be permitted to work up to 40 hours per week for up to a fifteen-week maximum period with a six-month break in employment prior to being eligible for any other position.
Please visit www.ketteringoh.org for more information about this position. Candidates who are interested in this opportunity should submit a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail or fax to:
City of Kettering
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, Ohio 45429
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com