Join our award-winning Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts team as a temporary part-time clerk. We need your energy and positive attitude to provide high-quality customer service. This is a front-of-office clerical support position responsible for assisting callers and visitors with inquiries, concerns, requests, and program information. This position will provide a consistent level of customer service and office support when the Full-Time Secretary is not in the office. This position may also be asked to provide backup support at the other PRCA facilities as needed.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Greets patrons and answers questions regarding the department;
- Promotes and initiates frequent communication with other Kettering recreation facilities;
- Answers phones, directs calls and answers questions;
- Prepares official documents related to the operation of the department;
- Operates a computer, copier or other office equipment in the performance of work;
- Responsible for opening or closing the office in the absence of the secretary;
- Provide lunch break or meeting coverage for department secretary.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must have knowledge and expertise with computers. Ability to work well with others and project a positive image to the public. Must have good knowledge of office clerical practices, procedures and filing systems, and good computer, word processing and data entry skills. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to work and communicate effectively with staff, City officials and the general public.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent required. Additional training relating to secretarial and office skills preferred, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Experience with Word, Excel and Access computer programs highly desirable.
Pay range is $10.50 per hour to $12.30 per hour. Entry rate contingent upon candidate’s related skills, knowledge and abilities.
Please visit www.ketteringoh.org for additional information and to download an application packet. Recruitment open until filled. Apply immediately via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail or fax to:
City of Kettering
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department
3600 Shroyer Road
Kettering, OH 45429
Phone: (937) 296-2454
Fax: (937) 296-3371
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER