Welcome to the Kettering Leadership Academy. This nine-month program is designed for citizens to learn about every major aspect of community life through presentations, discussions and direct experience.
Graduates will go on to provide community leadership by becoming board members for local non-profit organizations, participating in community initiatives and serving as ambassadors for our City.
Typically, a sponsorship is required to allow time off from the workplace and for the $600 program fee.
Goals and Objectives
The program’s principal goal is to build a resource of community leaders on a continuing basis through five specific objectives:
• To identify, educate and develop potential community leaders
• To expand the leadership potential of participants
• To enhance quality of life for the community
• To provide a channel for individuals to gain access to leadership opportunities in an informed and responsible manner
• To ensure that participants receive personal growth and satisfaction, as well as community recognition
Schedule of Topics
Learning experiences will include public safety, City government, education/schools, community diversity, health care, business, history and service clubs/volunteering. Class members will also participate in a class project and attend various board meetings.
The Kettering Leadership Academy requires a commitment to seven full-day sessions, plus a two-day retreat over a nine-month period. The class starts in September each year.
Interested? Get more information.