The City of Kettering provides residents with supplemental services, not provided by the Montgomery County Animal Resource Center. In Kettering, the Community Service Specialist works directly through the Kettering Police Department. The Community Service Specialist can be reached at 937-296-3266.
Duties of the Community Service Specialist:
• Removal of stray animals
• Handling sick or injured wildlife
• Handling animal cruelty or neglect
• Insuring that all dogs are being kept on a leash in parks
• Handling barking complaints
A request for a live trap can be made for stray and roaming cats and dogs. Cats and dogs are impounded at the Montgomery County Animal Resource Center (937-898-4457).
Kettering residents are not permitted to set a personal live trap on their property. Residents may contract the help of a licensed trapper through the State of Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
Lost and Found Pets
The Community Service Specialist maintains a lost and found file for all types of pets that are apt to stray or become lost. When your pet is lost, begin your search by filing a report with the Community Service Specialist. Duplicate copies are kept by Kettering Police Dispatch (937-296-2555) to make information available 24 hours a day. A dog or cat I.D. tag is a lost pet’s ticket home. You can purchase your dog license, which is required by state law, from the Community Service Specialist. Call 937-296-3266 for more information.
City Animal/Pet Ordinances:
• 5 pet limit per residence (cats and/or dogs)
• Dogs and cats may not run at large at any time
• Dogs and cats should be confined to the owner’s property or under reasonable control at all times
• All dogs must be kept on a leash in City parks
• Pet owners must clean up after pets
• Pet owners are responsible for any damages caused by their pet(s)
• Rabies vaccinations are required for all dogs and cats at the appropriate age
• Dogs and cats found running at large will be picked up and impounded at the Montgomery Country Animal Shelter
• Wild and/or exotic animals are not permitted in the City of Kettering
Programs for children and adults are available on the following topics:
• Care and control of pets
• Safety around animals
• Bite prevention
• Wildlife control
• Rabies prevention
To reach the Community Service Specialist for animal control or education, call 937-296-3266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org