All job postings contain information regarding:
- job duties
- salary range
- closing date
- materials required to apply:
- Resume or application
- Other required documentation
Applications / Resumes are only accepted for current job openings that are posted.
- Previous applicants are welcome to submit an application/resume for listed open positions.
- Applicants interested in positions that are not available may submit a Job Interest Form. Human Resources will contact prospective applicants when positions become available that meet their specified areas of interest.
How to Apply
- A separate application or resume must be submitted for each position for which you apply
- Applications or resumes must be submitted to the Human Resource Department no later than 5:00 pm on the posted closing date.
- When no closing date is posted, apply immediately since closing may occur without notice.
- If you submit a faxed copy of your application materials, please follow-up and submit the original materials to the Human Resource Department.
- Job applications and any supplemental questionnaire should emphasize the education, skills, training and experience that most qualify you for the position for which you are applying.
- Due to the volume of applications received by the City, contact with every applicant is not possible.
- You may request information on a selection process by calling (937) 296-2446 or by clicking on Employment Opportunities to view the status of any open recruitments.
Obtaining an Application
- Applications are available online or from the Human Resource Department, 3600 Shroyer Road, Kettering, OH 45429, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (except City Holidays).
- Online forms are to be printed and are not to be merged with a word processing program.
- Job application forms that have been altered from their original format will not be accepted.
- Requirements vary by position so please be certain to select the specific position of interest.
- Out-of-area applicants may have applications mailed by calling (937) 296-2446 or by sending an e-mail to Human Resources.
- Please include your name, mailing address and the position title(s) in your request.
- Please understand that we cannot guarantee that applications mailed to prospective applicants will be received in time for applicants to meet recruitment closing dates.
Applicants are screened based upon their relevant knowledge, abilities, skills, experience and training. The selection process varies according to the position and can include such things as:
- screening of supplemental questionnaires;
- written or skill civil service tests;
- ability or fitness tests;
- interviews and assessment processes;
- background investigations;
- criminal record checks;
- driving record checks;
- pre-employment psychological assessments;
- pre-employment medical examinations;
- pre-employment drug tests.
Temporary (Seasonal) Employment
The Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department hire many temporary employees to support summertime recreation activities and parks maintenance.
Applications may be downloaded at the City’s Employment Opportunities webpage and emailed, submitted or mailed to: Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts Administrative Office at 3600 Shroyer Rd. Kettering, OH 45440.
The Streets Department hires temporary employees to support leaf pick up operations in the fall. Please visit the Employment Opportunities webpage or submit a Job Interest Form if you are interested in a temporary Streets Department position.
If you are interested in this or other temporary, seasonal employment opportunities, contact the Human Resource Department. Temporary, part time employees are not eligible for benefits.
Affirmative Action Plan and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The City of Kettering is dedicated to equality of opportunity. Accordingly, we do not practice or condone discrimination, in any form, against employees or applicants with regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ethnic heritage, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are subject to, and comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act.