- These Personnel Policies & Procedures are administrative guidelines and do not create a contract of employment.
- Employment may be terminated “at will” by either the City or the employee, at any time for any reason, subject to applicable City of Kettering Civil Service Rules and bargaining agreements.
- No one except the City Manager or the Acting City Manager has the authority to revise these Personnel Policies & Procedures.
- These policies may be revised, at any time, at the discretion of the City Manager or Acting City Manager.
- Revisions may only be made in writing.
- Should it determined that any federal, State, City law, regulation, Charter or ordinance, or any Civil Service Rule or any collective bargaining agreement is in conflict with any portion of these policies, only that portion shall be invalid, and the remainder shall remain in full force and effect.
- The policies are provided here as a convenience and reference.
- The official policies are on file at the City of Kettering.
Table Of Contents
301: Sick Leave
302: Vacation Leave
303: Holidays, Personal Leave and Extra Days Off
304: Leave of Absence Without Pay
305: Maternity, Paternity, Adoption Leave
306: Military Leave
307: Funeral Leave
308: Jury Duty and Court Appearances
309: Injury Leave
310: Family Medical Leave Act
400: Safety and Health
402: Alcohol and Drug Use
403: On The Job Injury
404: Light Duty
405: Medical Examinations
406: Smoking Policy
407: Employee Assistance Program
408: Alcohol and Drug Policy for Employees Who Operate Commercial Motor Vehicles
500: Employment Status
501: Types of Employment, Employment Status
502: Personnel Action
503: Original Appointments
504: Probationary, Introductory Period
507: Reduction in Force
509: Transfers, Reallocations
600: Basic Working Conditions and Practices
601: Hours of Work, Attendance and Unauthorized Absence
603: Identification Cards
604: Outside Employment
605: Motor Vehicle Operation, Usage and Assignments
606: Solicitation and Distribution of Literature
607: Appropriate Dress
608: Use of Telephone
609: Political Activities
610: Equal Employment Opportunity, Harassment, ADA
611: Code of Ethics
612: Personnel Record Changes
613: Workplace Violence, Firearms, Explosives and Other Weapons
614: Payroll Deductions
615: Direct Deposit of Payroll-Distribution of Paystubs
616: Technology Usage
700: Special Concerns
801: Employees Activities Fund and Council
802: Employee Service Awards
804: Attending Conferences
805: Rehiring Former Employees
806: Loss or Damage to Employee Property
807: Hiring of Relatives
808: Exit Interviews
809: Educational Assistance
810: Access to Personnel Files
811: Extreme Weather and Emergency Situations
812: Car Allowance
Cellular Device Policy
Public Records Policy