Utility Companies

Underground Work

right-of-way-construction-permit-application-fillable-revised-6-1-16The City manages the use of public rights of way based on Chapter 901 of the City’s Codified Ordinances.

View the Chapter 901 of the Codified Ordinances

Utility companies having a system within the public right of way are required to obtain and keep an up-to-date Certificate of Registration and a Minor Maintenance Permit with the City’s Engineering Department. There is a yearly fee associated with these permits.



Certificate of Registration-Fillable

Minor Maintenance Application-Fillable

How Do I Obtain a Right-of-Way Permit for Utility work?

Utility companies have a few extra steps that need to be taken in order to obtain a Right of Way Construction Permit for the City of Kettering.  Since you are applying on behalf of a utility company, you will need to submit a Construction Permit Application (CPA).

  1. Fill out a Construction Permit Application (CPA)
  2. Submit the CPA to the City of Kettering Engineering Department located in the Kettering Government Center at 3600 Shoryer Road.  Our offices are open 8 a.m.- 5 p.m., weekdays, excluding holidays, OR you may apply online for a utility permit by going to Access Kettering.

Access Kettering Instructions for Utility Companies

Construction Permit Application - Fillable

All Construction activity that takes place in the City of Kettering right of way must follow the Ohio Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (OMUTCD) for temporary traffic control in the roadway. View the OMUTCD

For questions, call 937-296-2436.

Preview site